Digitization, Metadata, and CONTENTdm: Partnering to Build Your Digital Collections
about this presentation
When preparing to outsource a digitization project, what exactly should you expect? What advantages does your vendor bring to the table? Which steps will you outsource, and which steps might your staff handle in-house to reduce costs?
In this webinar, Caitlin Costalas, a digitization project manager at Backstage Library Works, and Kelly Barrall, vice president of digitization services, offer a vendor perspective on preparing for digitization projects. They’ll also answer your questions.
• Identifying your audience so you can plan to meet your users’ needs.
• Organizing your collection to minimize material preparation costs from your vendor.
• Leveraging a vendor’s capacity to scale up digital image production.
• Choosing sources of metadata and defining what information will be collected.
• Working with a vendor to build your CONTENTdm collection.