Provo, UT facility
Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost-effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Full-time positions available, M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm
Come join our Metadata Services team at Backstage Library Works. We provide services to libraries around the world. You will be searching for and editing library MARC records for our client libraries and learning original cataloging under the supervision of trained, professional catalogers. A great work environment!
- Read specialized cataloging profiles/project instructions for multiple, unique clients
- Using MARC format, catalog books, DVDs, CDs and electronic records to library specifications
- Utilize RDA standards & ISBD punctuation to correctly capture metadata
- Must accurately type 50+ wpm
- Detail oriented
- Great at proofreading
- Familiarity with Windows
- Skilled at searching internet quickly and applying that to the task at hand
- Ability to work productively, rapidly and intelligently with minimal supervision
- Capable of navigating multiple electronic reference materials in a timely fashion
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Foreign language knowledge
Pay range begins at $15.25 per hour. New hires will receive an immediate $50 bonus and incremental bonuses tallying up to $500 if performance progresses well and the individual stays on as an employee.
Full-time positions are eligible for full medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as, PTO, and 401k with a 100% company match up to 6% and immediate vesting. Partial tuition reimbursement available.
A series of skill tests will be given to evaluate qualifications.
Apply in person to take typing test and submit resume at our office (10 am-4 pm). If typing test reflects 50+ wpm then general knowledge test will be given.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.