Bethlehem, PA – SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
It’s all about access! Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost-effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies. We’re proud to serve Universities, museums, archives, and libraries of all varieties all over the world. Join our team today to become a part of making the world a more accessible, greater informed place.
Our state-of-the-art digitization studio and experienced team in Bethlehem, PA is looking to hire entry-level or experienced Digital Technician candidates. Positions are full-time, fully benefited hourly positions. Core hours are 3:00pm-11:30pm. Applicants must be available to train on 1st shift.
A DAY IN OUR DIGITIZATION STUDIO
Take the tour! Responsibilities would include:
- Capture digital images from paper or film according to described specifications and standards.
- Perform modifications to images such as cropping and rotating using Adobe products.
- Perform image inspection and collect metadata.
- Perform material preparation, collation, and data entry
- Maintain strong production levels and consistently good quality of work.
- Handle materials and information in a conscientious and organized way.
Every project is unique, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn the correct techniques involved with scanning unique and varied materials. Custom profiling is the cornerstone of our process, and you’ll work with your project manager and team leads to follow specific and tailored guidelines for each new collection.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
While entry-level applicants do not need to have professional experience in these settings, we prefer candidates who have some understanding or passion for the following:
- Experience with digital scanning or photography.
- Experience with data entry, rekeying or editing text.
- Adept at handling material fragile in nature without damage.
- Work productively and independently.
- Learn new skills quickly and thoroughly.
- Perform repetitive tasks for periods of time and work well in a fast-paced production environment.
- Meet daily production levels and standards.
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Attentiveness to detail and quality.
- Incumbent must be able to perform inspection of digital images for completeness, image quality, proper resolution and bit depth in accordance with client specifications.
- Must be able to type accurately in order to capture metadata and record information in spreadsheet or appropriate database.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook and navigate the digital server environment.
- Will be responsible for sending files through automated processes.
- Responsible for a final Quality inspection of work before it is sent to the client.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Able to work full-time, 40 hours per week, and willingness to work flexible/overtime hours as required and ability to work as part of a team.
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other imaging software is not required, but desirable! *
WHY WORK AT BACKSTAGE?
We’re a passionate team of librarians and enthusiasts from all walks of life that care about the stewardship of information and resources. Full-time positions are eligible for full medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as, PTO, and 401k with a 100% company match up to 6% and immediate vesting. Partial tuition reimbursement available.
Pay range begins at $15.25 per hour. New hires will receive an immediate $50 bonus and incremental bonuses tallying up to $500 over the next year with the completion of certain milestones.
Qualifications will be evaluated with several skill tests and our interview process. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to moc.wlsb@ylppa.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn More About Us!
- We post on our blog regularly about the latest topics in the industry.
- Conferences are a great way to network and attend discussions about librarianship and the latest technologies.
Our social has regular updates – links below!