Bethlehem PA facility
Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost-effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies.
Backstage Library Works, a leader in providing imaging services of the highest quality, is looking for qualified individuals for Digital Technician positions in Bethlehem, PA. Positions are full-time, fully benefited hourly positions. Core hours are 3:00pm-11:30pm. Applicants must be available to train on 1st shift.
- Capture digital images from paper or film according to specifications and standards.
- Perform modifications to images such as cropping and rotating.
- Perform image inspection and collect metadata.
- Perform material preparation, collation and data entry
- Maintain strong production levels and consistently good quality of work.
- Handle materials and information in a conscientious and organized way.
- Experience with digital scanning or photography.
- Experience with data entry, rekeying or editing text.
- Adept at handling material fragile in nature without damage.
- Work productively and independently.
- Learn new skills quickly and thoroughly.
- Perform repetitive tasks for periods of time and work well in a fast-paced production environment.
- Meet daily production levels and standards.
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Attentiveness to detail and quality.
- Incumbent must be able to perform inspection of digital images for completeness, image quality, proper resolution and bit depth in accordance with client specifications.
- Must be able to type accurately in order to capture metadata and record information in spreadsheet or appropriate database.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook and navigate the digital server environment.
- Will be responsible for sending files through automated processes.
- Responsible for a final Quality inspection of work before it is sent to the client.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Able to work full-time, 40 hours per week, and willingness to work flexible/overtime hours as required and ability to work as part of a team.
- College degree or certificate.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other imaging software.
Pay range begins at $13.25 per hour.
A series of skill tests will be given to evaluate qualifications.
If interested, please send resume to moc.wlsb@ylppa