Backstage Library Works provides professional services
to libraries, museums, and archives around the world.
March 20, 2017
Full Stack Developer Tags: Software Engineer, Programmer
Backstage Library Works is seeking a Full Stack Developer to work on development projects with our rapidly expanding digitization services.
This full-time position is based in the Backstage office in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and will report directly to the Head of Software Development in the Provo, Utah, office.
- Design and develop internal applications to assist in the Digitization of materials.
- Participate in user workshops with Digitization Staff on the technical and business challenges.
- Obtain relevant technical and business requirements, analyze information, and design comprehensive solutions.
- Present high-level overviews of solution architecture and integration proposals.
- Find creative uses of APIs in programs such-as Adobe Photoshop, ABBYY Finereader, etc. to automate tasks.
- Utilize a wide-range of tools and languages to accomplish various tasks.
- Apply technical competence and vision.
- Client-centric — involved in the library/archive/cultural world.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and maximum results. Get things done.
- Appropriate educational background.
- Understand the technical requirements of full stack, large programming projects and the use of various product APIs. Little training or support will be available on-site. Translate that knowledge into a successful product development to develop, improve, position, and automate Backstage’s Digitization services.
- Provide leadership within Backstage in developing product enhancements and updates, as well as new solutions to help both internal clients as well as librarians serve their constituencies. As appropriate the primary change leader and encourage use of new tools.
- Develop a comprehensive set of tools for the Digitization department to automate and enhance their current workflows. Operate closely with key stakeholders to define the scope of each project incorporate feedback into new and existing products.
- Display a strong work ethic by working without direct supervision onsite in our Bethlehem, PA office.
- Responsible for research, design, and development around all digitization services. Know the tools and resources available.
- Demonstrative 5 years Full Stack Development Experience.
- 5 years database administration/programming experience.
- MS SQL/MySQL/SQL.
- Knowledge and practice with emerging web technologies.
- Demonstrative experience working with and manipulating metadata.
- Experience with semantic web.
- Technical and interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience with digitization and preservation issues and technology.
- MLS / MLIS degree or equivalent preferred.
- Successful in current position and responsibilities.
Starting at $42,000 plus benefits and profit sharing.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Head of Software Development